I have been racking my brain trying to think of a unique interactive web
sight and I honestly haven't had much success. With that I will ask everyone if
they have ever seen the show The Devil's Ride on the Discovery channel. It's
about two rival outlaw motorcycle clubs out in California. Any way there is an
interactive web page on the Discovery Channel web sight under the Devil's Ride
Page where you can type your name into the tab field and then they spit you out
a biker name! It's pretty funny and relates very well to the JavaScript
assignment this week with regards to interactive web pages. Google Discovery
Channel then click on The Devil's Ride page I think it is under the games
section.
Now, my idea which isn't very original is a vacation destination interactive
web page that asks the user to answer some short demographic questions such as
age, gender, region of country lived in etc. Then the sight will suggest
vacation destinations based on those answers you give. For example if you are
between the ages of 21 and 31 and you are a male living in Portsmouth New
Hampshire, you probably do not want to go on a vacation to Vermont Skiing. The
sight would probably recommend a happening warm weather destination in Florida,
California or perhaps Las Vegas. Conversely if you are someone in their forty's
or fifty's and live in Florida the sight probably wouldn't suggest a Disney
world vacation destination and would be more inclined to suggest perhaps a
Colorado, New York or Boston destination. Of course there are always exceptions
to rules when dealing with demographics of people but the sight would take into
consideration as much input as possible. The sight would also offer to book your
vacation, flight and lodging of course like most of the sights out there now
like Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity. Let me know what you think.
i would use a site like that. You could also allow user profiles in which they could rate previous experiences on vacations, and use those to help suggest similar (but new) vacation spots.
ReplyDeleteHi Rich, As I commented in the discussion forum, my husband and I like to different things on vacation. My husband likes mountains and skiing, camping and hiking. I like a B&B, not a tent. We both like the beach, but I love going to cities to visit historical sites, museums and to eat out in restaurants - maybe even go to a live theater performance. Maybe a vacation destination website would be a big help. We are terrible at making decisions when it comes to vacations. We almost always go to the beach. I think your idea is a really good one!
ReplyDeleteAnd the green is very green! I tried to write code that would fade back from the green to the original color, but I gave up after spending hours and getting no good results. So, green it is :)
We are only calculating 184 moving metres per activity but when you run the watch nfl games online football successfully you don't have to toss a lot.
ReplyDelete