This is just one very obsessed Boston sports fans opinion on the state of Boston's professional sports teams as of today 1/30/13.
Patriots
Unless you are not a professional football fan or have been living under a rock for a couple weeks the New England patriots season ended ubruptly a couple sundays ago. Losing to the Baltimore Ravens at their home field Gillette Stadium as a 8 or 9 point favorite. Who is to blame for the loss? Look no further then Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. Brady looked like an average quarterback not the sure bet first ballot hall of famer that he will be. He generally gets a pass for his bad play because of his resume but he's not getting one from me! The head coach Bill Belichick is equally to blame. The patriots had a 3 point lead at halftime and made no adjustments or changes to the game plan, as most coach's do at halftime! He had to have known that the Ravens coaching staff was making adjustments. End result, the Patriots are watching the Superbowl from home and you can blame Bill Belichick and Tom brady for it.
Bruins
The Bruins have jumped out of the gate quickly winning five games and losing just one in an overtime shootout. They have garnered 11 out of a possible 12 points and seem like the team to beat in the eastern conference. This new teenager Dougie Hamilton looks like the real deal and with most of the same players from the Bruins team that won the Stanley Cup two years ago, still on this years team, (minus Tim Thomas) I see no reason why this team can not make another run at the Stanley Cup this year. That is ofcourse if they stay healthy.
Celtics
The Boston Celtics have been a enigma this year so far. Winning big games like the one on Sunday versus the defending Champions Miami Heat. The have also lost many times to sub par teams with losing records. They won five games in a row a couple weeks ago and then inexplicably they go and lose six in a row. This team has no energy, youthful exuberance cohesion... whatever it is they do not look like a contender to even make the playoffs nevermind win a Championship. Couple that with the news that their starting all star point guard Rjon Rondo is out for the rest of the year with a torn ACL, I think it's time to start rebuilding for the future if your the Boston Celtic's Management.

Risking your wrath you would say I am a fair weather fan of the New England sports teams. The only one I enjoy watching on occasion is the Patriots. Do you think that Tom Brady will get into politics since he seems to have slightly explored that a number of years ago? I also don't understand why they let the players pound the crap out of one another in hockey. I mean, no helmets, bare knuckle fights! With all the information and law suits coming out about brain injury and players dying early, you think they would be coming down on this type of behavior. I know I am no fun.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about the Patriots. I am not a sports fan, but my son lives in Boston and he is. He and his wife watched the Patriots last time they were here. They lost.
ReplyDeleteGrowing up, I was a baseball fan. In our family, we had two teams: the Phillies and the Red Sox. They are still my teams, and I only follow them if they are in the Playoffs. A few years ago, they played against one another - I couldn't lose. When I was 10, we took a vacation just to see Fenway.
Heartbroken once again. I am a diehard Boston fan and have done some crazy things to be able to see my Boston teams play. But lately they lift your spirits so high, and all of a sudden...boom, your heart is ripped out by the sudden downfall of a huge loss. On the upside, HOCKEY IS BACK! And I have nothing but true Bostonian faith in our guys to bring this city what it needs, a win. And don't forget, spring training starts soon and with new management, John Farell. I know we'll have a good season there too!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree more with your assessment of Tom Brady in their final game of the season. He definitely didn't bring his "A" game and looked defeated long before the game was over. It was a disheartening way to end the season.
ReplyDelete