Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Introduction

     Hello,  My name is Richard Green and I am a part time continuing education student at Umass Lowell.  I have been taking one class a semester since 2009 working towards my goal of graduating with a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice.  I have four more classes to earn my degree. I chose to take this course because it is a requirement for my major but also because I am not the most computer savy person. I am hoping that I do not get too confused with the class assignments and I am able to learn from this course and apply it to everyday life  I'm willing to bet that I am one of if not the oldest student in this online class and have the distinct honor of being alive half my life without computerss or the internet. I currently work as a police officer in the City of Melrose Ma. on the 4pm to 12am shift.   I have been employed there for approximately five and a half years but have been in the law enforcement field for close to thirteen years.  I previously worked at the Middlesex Sheriff's office performing many different functions at that job. I am 41 years old and am married with two sons ages 7 and 4. So between work, family and school I pretty much have five minutes a day of down time...  This course will be challenging for me given my busy work, family and school schedule and my relative inexperience with most of the things this class calls for.


No comments:

Post a Comment